Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Texture Tuesday #3...

Callistemon 

I am really enjoying the challenge of Texture Tuesdays. Not only finding the right image but also choosing the right texture to go with it. This week's challenge is to use two of Kim Klassen textures, Silence and SweetTreat.

This is how I did it. 
1.   Original image layer
2.   Silence Texture layer 100% softlight blending mode
3.   SweetTreat texture layer 100% softlight blending mode
4.   Level adjustment layer to bring back some contrast

I hope you enjoy the result. If you want to come and join us, click on the button below, but be warned it can become quite addictive.


Kim Klassen Café

11 comments:

Cedar said...

Wow! This is a stunning image and works perfectly with the textures! Wonderful job!

Miriam said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful thing to see first thing in my morning!
I am loving Kim's textures challenge and am working on improving my photography skills. I will return to your blog after work today.

FYH said...

What a pretty flower...the textures work so well on it. Great job!

Rebecca Lewis said...

This is AMAZING ~ I love it! It makes me feel pure joy....like Christmas and fireworks all in one shot! ;-)

Kathryn Dyche said...

Love the color in this piece and great use of textures.

Kim Klassen said...

wonderful edit.... lovely image...

thanks for linking up with Texture Tuesday, my friend.
xxo, kim

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Wow what an interesting flower. Love the colours and texture of it. V

daisy said...

What an amazing plant! What is it called? The textures have given it an old grainy film effect (I'm sure that's not the technical name for it LOL). Fabulous!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Very nicely done. Beautiful colors.

Val said...

WOW! What an amazing photo, and the textures are just perfect. I must look into the 'level' bit some more, when editing! Besides its proper name, we call this shrub a 'bottle brush' - you can certainly see why - just beautiful!

 gmirage said...

oh! a pretty work of art!

-Mirage